No Staff member can give any information about a patient at ATS Columbus unless that patient has signed a release of information. Any requests for information, outside of a signed patient waiver, will be sent to Stacey Borowitz at Dinsmore Law Firm to ensure full compliance with HIPAA and CFR 42 Part B. Specifically,
- All provider staff access to individual client records, treatment information, diagnosis or other protected information is limited to access and disclosure in accordance with applicable federal, and state laws and regulations.
- No staff discussion of patients outside of patient care specific duties,
- No use of last names in front office or lobby at any time; patients called by first name only.
- ATS Columbus maintains confidentiality in accordance with federal and state law, in accordance with HIPPA and 42 C.F.R. part 2.
All protected information at ATS Columbus is limited to disclosure in accordance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- All medical records at ATS Columbus are paper charts and are locked onsite at the end of each day. All patient records are stored according to federal and state regulations.
- HIPAA and Confidentiality:
As a condition of employment and continued employment, employees must agree to comply with all applicable Federal, State and local laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, orders and guidelines including without limitation, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, as amended (“HIPAA”). As set forth above, HIPAA relates to the standards for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient’s medical information. All employees are required to know these standards and comply with the policies of the Practice that pertain to the protection of patient medical information. ATS Columbus provides HIPAA Compliance Guidelines to all employees, and all employees are required to review and remain familiar with those guidelines as a condition of employment.